AP & AR Specialist
Wyebot’s not your typical startup. Our leadership team has over 100 years of combined networking experience, leading teams and solving problems for everyone from mid-market enterprises to Fortune 150. We are the leaders in AI-Driven WiFi automation, leveraging AI technology to end the time- consuming, manual process of network optimization, restoring time, money, and energy to IT teams and their companies. We proactively support the continuous evolution of technology, transforming day-to-day IT operations with AI-Driven automation to deliver business continuity for the mobile enterprise. In response to the extensive growth in the past few years, we are looking for an awesome candidate to help us to strengthen the back-office processes in Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts Payable (AP).
The AP & AR officer will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely management of accounts payable and accounts receivable. This includes data entry, collecting evidence, and processing of transactions in a timely manner. Assistance in the implementation of controls and systems will also be part of this position. We are looking for a “hands-on”, “can-do attitude” to join the team to support the scale of the business. There will be a lot of opportunities within this role as the business continues to grow.
Accounts Receivables: ensures the company invoices/bills in time and gets all the necessary information for the transaction to be recorded. This role will also be responsible for ensuring that the company receives payments in a timely manner, being proactive, and communicating effectively with customers. This role will ensure a high degree of accuracy as well as automatization of areas where appropriate. Accounts Payable: ensures payments are completed and reviewed appropriately by the relevant personnel. Reconciles invoices and ensures effective day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities.
- Timely invoicing of customers ensuring that all the relevant data to invoice is received.
- Invoices are sent to customers in a timely manner.
- Customer payments are matched on a daily basis.
- Timely payments of vendor invoices ensuring accuracy in the monthly close
- Implementation of key controls in AP and AR.
- Reconciles credit card statements.
- Second level of review on employee expenses
- Closely monitor receivables against due dates and report on potential overdue on a
timely basis. Proactively ensure that invoices do not get to a “due” stage.
- Partner with sales to ensure that information in the CRM and in the financial system
- Proactively engage with the stakeholders to implement improvements to the payment
and receivables processes.
- Assist in the delivery of special projects in the Finance department. Some of these
special projects will be the implementation of systems.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance or a similar field (associate degree or
bookkeeping certificate acceptable when combined with relevant experience)
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience (AP & AR)
- Good command over financial systems and processes
- High degree of accuracy
- Great attention to detail
- “Start-up mentality and “can do attitude”.
- Enjoys challenges and thrives in a changing environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Conscientious, analytical, and strong attention to details
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate articulately and efficiently with other people within the company.
- Ability to prioritize and manage expectations
Start your application today